Frequently Asked Question
- Do I need a spark arrestor? No spark arrestor
- What days do you hold practice? No practice at this track. Track is open race weekend only.
- Do I need a green sticker? No green sticker
- Will there be sound testing? Yes. You must
meet current AMA
- Do I have to be a AMA member? Yes. You must
be an AMA member to race ALL of our events. Including kids and
- Do I have to be a District 37 member to race?
Yes and No. You do not have to be a district member to race
an event that does not pay points. Races that do not pay points
are: Unclassified, Team, Kids, and Peewees. You must be a district
member to race all other events.
- Do I have to buy a transponder for the unclassified
or team race? Yes. You must have a transponder to race
any event except for the pee-wee and kids race. The fee for
the transponder is $30.00.
- Can I get points for desert and gp series in the same
race? Yes, but you must sign up with district 37 for
that division in both series (Desert and Grand Prix). For example:
if you are racing in the 250 class you must sign up with the
D-37 Desert steward and the D-37 G.P. steward. You will then
have two D-37 cards and receive points in two different series.
If you would also like to race and receive points in the Classic
division in the G.P. series, you would then need to buy another
membership to receive points in that division. You would now
have a total have three cards. You could also race the classic
race without buying a membership but you would not receive any
points for that race and would only hold two cards.
- Where is the race located and how do I get there?
is a link to Google Maps. The map is interactive so you can fill in your address and it will provide driving instructions for you. If you do not know how to
use Google Maps, buy a Thomas Guide and go three miles east of
town on Hwy 62 and make a right on Mojave Rd.
- Can I race my 450 4-stroke in the 250 class or my
250 4-stroke in the 125 class? NO. AMA
rules do not allow it. Classes determined by engine size.
- What type of start will it be? Not sure yet.
- How long is the course? Still working on
- How long is the race? For point paying events,
the checkered flag goes out after the leader has been on the
course for 45 minutes. In the Unclassified events the checkered
flag goes out after the leader has been on the course for 30
- Do I have to pay a gate fee? Yes, $10.00
- When do the gates open? Open Friday afternoon and
close at midnight. Saturday and Sunday open at 6:00am
and close at midnight.
- What days are the races? Saturday March 31st
and Sunday April 1st, 2012 are the only days of racing for
our grand prix.
Last updated :: Feb. 6th, 2012
© 2012 Hilltoppers M.C., Long Beach, CA